UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!

Granting asylum to the insane since we could be bothered to start the forum...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please be respectful of others beliefs!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

Music style : Drum 'n' bass
Favourite Band : Korn
Religious View : Pagan
Political view : To think for yourself you must question authority

Please be respectful of others beliefs! Empty
PostSubject: Please be respectful of others beliefs!   Please be respectful of others beliefs! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 4:52 pm

This isn't a section to rant about the rights and wrongs of religions according to your own views or beliefs, its a forum to pose questions or thoughts regarding religion, and any aspects of it. I have been guilty of this too so from now on, any rant-style posts will be moved to the crèche, any threads that are abusing will be locked. Whilst we're entitled to our own opinions and beliefs, so are they - they meaning anybody with a different opinion or belief than you.

please try to be respectful, and remember this is a debate forum, not a rant forum!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Shaitan
Sane
Sane

Music style : Non-crap
Favourite Band : Burzum
Religious View : Atheistic Pantheism
Political view : It's all bollocks

PostSubject: Re: Please be respectful of others beliefs!   Please be respectful of others beliefs! EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Being "entitled to an opinion" will often lead people to willfully select the wrong opinion, purely because it is easier to view existence in terms of "it would be nicer to think that things are this way, so I'll believe they are". There is a Reality, which is constant, and unchangeable. Opinions may be challenged by a person pointing to Reality as the source of their disagreement. If this is not allowed, then there is absolutely no point for this forum other than the semi-education of those who may be interested in other religions.

Also, first post. You will all grow to hate me.
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

Music style : Drum 'n' bass
Favourite Band : Korn
Religious View : Pagan
Political view : To think for yourself you must question authority

PostSubject: Re: Please be respectful of others beliefs!   Please be respectful of others beliefs! EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:03 pm

tbh I wrote that because I was Christian bashing a lot, then saw error in my ways, and asked everyone who was bashing with me to stop and think about what they are posting.
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

Music style : Eclectic
Favourite Band : Too many to name
Religious View : Unassigned
Political view : Independent, liberal leaning

PostSubject: Re: Please be respectful of others beliefs!   Please be respectful of others beliefs! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:37 am

I stopped and thought about it plenty, and more than once. I decided that a God who demanded worshiping and eating his own boy wasn't worth any respect at all, as I'm no cannibal--not even a cannibal-for-pretend-for ritual-purposes.

One of the things that I just can't bring myself to do is express respect for barbarisms especially when they turn my stomach. I would prefer that y'all respect my stomach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please be respectful of others beliefs!   Please be respectful of others beliefs! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please be respectful of others beliefs!
Page 1 of 1