UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!

Granting asylum to the insane since we could be bothered to start the forum...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

Music style : Drum 'n' bass
Favourite Band : Korn
Religious View : Pagan
Political view : To think for yourself you must question authority

Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O Empty
PostSubject: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:24 pm

I haven't got anything against Jesus, I believe he existed, I even believe he was a decent man who was trying to help people.

We had a man round my area who thought he was Jesus and wore a white robe and went around trying to enlighten people, he even gave people money and was probably the nicest man you ever met.

But he was considered insane. He was called the Jesus man of S***** nobody will be celebrating his death though

So, I believe a man called Jesus existed, however I'm a bit sceptical on the son of god part though, plus, he was Arabian, That part is never really clear is it when you learn about him or see pictures of how people thought of him.

Well Jerusalem isn't a white country is it? Its Arab country, he didn't sail over from England, he was Arabian.

I believe there was a man called Jesus, but i think he might've been like Jesus man of S*****, a good man who just wanted to help people.

Think of what them countries are like with religion, how seriously they take it, even though in the end, all this man got was stoned to death, apparently for our benefit (human ignorance at work again).

And in old days they used to bury people right? and when graves got dug up a certain amount of coffins would have claw marks on the inside where they buried people alive thinking they were dead.

He probably was still alive when they disposed of his body. They didn't understand comas back then did they, and that people woke back up sometimes.

So Jesus couldve well come back from the dead, because he probably weren't dead in the first place...

Maybe these things were what made the story seem so true so it spread about the world, imagine hearing that story back then when folk lore were everywhere..

Smile
Back to top Go down
Girl_Anachronism
Sane
Sane
Girl_Anachronism

Music style : Varies From Classical to Metal
Favourite Band : Elvis/Rolling Stones
Religious View : Spiritualist
Political view : Free for all!

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:55 pm

Jesus has always been a big problem for me to comprehend. This man, was written about thousands of years later, from stories others had been told. Chinese whispers anyone?
Also, IF at that time he did exist, and he in fact could do all these things we are told he could. The surely, he wouldn't of been loved, he wouldn't of been considered amazing, he would of been considered something evil, something unnatural.
So why and how, did his story become something so loved and adored?
You can never trust a story that has been told between a group of people, facts get messed up, stories become exaggerated. Let alone when that story has been told over thousands of years, by thousands of people no doubt, with no evidence other than word of mouth.
Could it possibly be this 'Jesus' man, was in fact just like the Jesus man of S*****, he was just a man that was a little insane, that tried to help people, and made ridiculous claims?
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:00 pm

In twenty years time I could say to my kids the Jesus man of S***** walked on water to emphasize his greatness..though in S***** the only thing he'd be doing was walking on puddles of sick from all the poxy chavs getting pissed up in the nightclubs and drinking far too much than they can handle lol

rage
Back to top Go down
Girl_Anachronism
Sane
Sane
Girl_Anachronism

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Exactly! Whats next, extremists claim the Jesus man of S**** was the second coming?
If it was, fuck me I think God is a bastard, to keep sending his son down here to get teased and just end up dead...
Some dad...
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 pm

My neighbours cats have more intelligence than the Christian god lol
Back to top Go down
Girl_Anachronism
Sane
Sane
Girl_Anachronism

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Lololol, even my rabbits/dogs/birds do!
Back to top Go down
queen of hearts
Admin
queen of hearts

Music style : all kinds
Favourite Band : kings of leon
Religious View : pixies and dragons
Political view : they all should be shot

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 7:08 pm

its a myth!all aload of bollocks Razz
Back to top Go down
Girl_Anachronism
Sane
Sane
Girl_Anachronism

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 pm

LOL! Love it
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:21 pm

taken from the Principles of Paganism regarding myths...

Quote :
myths are important because they contain the spiritual wisdom of not one individual, but of many people over a period of time.

They are not the religious revelation of one man which has been worked and reworked to become so far from the original as to have lost all truth.

They are the living breathing, dreams of the gods, sent to show us the way to our true destiny, which is to rest once more in unity and harmony with the divine forces of Heaven and Earth.
Back to top Go down
queen of hearts
Admin
queen of hearts

Music style : all kinds
Favourite Band : kings of leon
Religious View : pixies and dragons
Political view : they all should be shot

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 pm

everyones beliefs are different
Back to top Go down
Girl_Anachronism
Sane
Sane
Girl_Anachronism

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:36 pm

As long as it doesn't cause harm, whatever people want to do they can. I just don't like it when it turns evil glare 2
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:48 pm

You'll love the Lucifer hypocrisy then Sam .. . glare
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

Music style : Eclectic
Favourite Band : Too many to name
Religious View : Unassigned
Political view : Independent, liberal leaning

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:25 am

queen of hearts wrote:
its a myth!all aload of bollocks Razz

Sort of. The Jesus we're all familiar with resembles a number of pagan gods preceeding him, and this isn't by accident, considering that the Jesus we're familiar with was molded into a figure acceptable as a state religion in an empire with a long tradition of establishing Divine Right to Rule.

Some have proven he's based on the Egyptian Horus; some have proven that he's based on Mithras; given the Roman Empire's co-option of all the religions of previously conquered peoples, it's no surprise that Jesus resembles more than one mythical pagan god.

The Bible takes Roman co-option a step further to include symbolic threats against religions of rival empires of the time (Persia, Carthage), and it requires a read of The Bible as a political melodrama to get the inferences. And when you read The Bible as a political melodrama, in the broader context of the political climate of those times, it reads like a script from West Wing.
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:27 am

Girl_Anachronism wrote:
As long as it doesn't cause harm, whatever people want to do they can. I just don't like it when it turns evil glare 2
I can't come up with a single instance when it didn't.
Back to top Go down
Freakshow
Admin
Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:32 am

It's all Rome's fault the fuckers..
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:53 am

Well, it's not entirely Rome's fault, but it is a product of Roman engineering.

Politically, the problem was Rome had conquered the area some 80 years prior and there was a Jewish faction that was a sort of resistance movement (the Zealots)...and they were always about the business of fomenting rebellion against the conquering Romans and usually claiming that the Jewish Messiah had come. Jesus was the second of 4 such proclaimed Messiahs. The last one was somebody Bar Kochba, circa 132 CE. The one between Jesus and Bar Kochba was Simon Bar Giora. I forget who the first one was.

But don't get the idea that these Jews were patriots for Jewish lands because the area hadn't been ruled by Jews since Alexander the Great conquered the area and turned it Greek. After the fall of the Alexandrian Empire, Syria took over and Syria was Mithraic and part of a federation of small kingdoms all the way out to Armenia. Not the least of this federation of kingdoms was the Kingdom of Pontus, and this Mithraic kingdom used to claim "saint" Paul's home town of Tarsus.

When Romans co-opted Christianity and molded it in mostly Mithraic form, it was a very political calculation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O   Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O Empty

Back to top Go down

Jesus...the man, the myth, or the legend? :O
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!  :: Knowledge 101 :: Theology 101 :: Mythology 101-
Jump to: