UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNSANE CULTURE - WELCOME TO THE NUT HOUSE!

Granting asylum to the insane since we could be bothered to start the forum...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+3
queen of hearts
Freakshow
fleamailman
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

Music style : Your text here
Favourite Band : Your text here
Religious View : Your text here
Political view : Your text here

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:07 pm

repost from "storytime" thread

although their silence was never asked for, it just seemed given to this unfolding moment as each monk resigned himself to his own thoughts on this, their last cold rain swept Winter's morning together, how it was to them as if God himself had drawn some curtain of drizzling cloud tight around their solitary boats as they now rowed out against that short time left to them to reach the center of the lake, before they, and more importantly those three bells, had to perform that final act of defiance towards that Lord Protector and his roundheads, "...no, I see them still..." said the goblin now looking across the lake on towards the ruined abbey in the background, adding "...writer's see ghosts in everything...", the abbot signaled, and the monks lifted the boards that let slip the heavy bells into the murky cold water that fast swallowed them into its dark depths below, the goblin's vision just followed the anguish of the scene through those ever repeating moments

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Lake
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:08 pm

the goblin knew too, that like the stars in the night sky there were thousands upon thousands of Internet sites out there, saying "...perhaps, this "journey to self" here, is as infinite inwards as it is outwards, only that it is, in fact, this onward journey through ones continued posting that is, that separates those who would just be happy from those who would be aware of the "journey to self" here..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Highwa10
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:08 pm

the goblin welcomed all new members, saying "...if someone ever asks me what I want from them, I ask them to be selfish, for if they remain selfless, they won't be able to keep it up for long, on the one hand, and I won't really know who they are, nor what you are doing here, on the other...", the goblin paused, sipped his coffee once more, and then continued thinking while one of his old lines just came to fore so he just voiced it to himself "...so don't you want to know who you are by what you post then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 1208752506YPa2sZy
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:43 pm

the long departing bus homewards now, the goblin just lets the text type itself again between his mind and his laptop, as a wave of slowly typed words are, written, wiped, rewritten again in some slow repetition until a residue of what the goblin really wants to relate here remains for all to see, that is, while the music is Ravel's piano concerto mov 2, a deceptive piece that starts off normally enough only to slowly break into something deeper, deathlike even, and certainly appropriate to the view of those stepping stone like silent still gathering rainclouds that the goblin has fixed his view on now as all below seems to shoot by out of goblin's focus and consideration, and somehow the scene seems set, "...slot, perhaps I shouldn't have asked dad, no choice there I felt, I mean "how long now" and "who inherits, etc" that is...", "...goblin, if it falls on you, you have a right and should know everything...", the clouds thicken in their gathering darkness, everything else continues its ignored whizzing course, but the music has changed at this point from the normal piano to the orchestra, something bigger is afoot, something is taking over the piano then "...it's going to rain Slot, it will be for real this time, quite a show don't you think...", "...goblin, it's so easy to be cheap here, you're not cheap I hope, you have to live with yourself after he's gone, all that you did and gave to date would be cheap if you fail him now then, the end will crown it goblin, think about it goblin, you're lucky to even know in advance, you can prove yourself here...", the piano breaks into unrelated high notes, it's erratic now as if drowning, certainly wrong, the piece is breaking up or into something else then as the rain breaks too, and still the scenery, ever out of focus, whizzes by under the encroaching storm that had to pass the goblin knew, the piano tinkers into silence

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 IE144_GlobalWarming_2008

cut paste to hear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpvv_7roIK0
Back to top Go down
queen of hearts
Admin
queen of hearts

Music style : all kinds
Favourite Band : kings of leon
Religious View : pixies and dragons
Political view : they all should be shot

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:23 am

fleamailman wrote:
the goblin knew too, that like the stars in the night sky there were thousands upon thousands of Internet sites out there, saying "...perhaps, this "journey to self" here, is as infinite inwards as it is outwards, only that it is, in fact, this onward journey through ones continued posting that is, that separates those who would just be happy from those who would be aware of the "journey to self" here..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Highwa10

i like that pic, the stars are beautiful
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:34 am

("...and I like it when you reply, I hate winning by myself, here's another picture with stars then..." said the goblin)

"...what is your goal then, why do you post..." asked the goblin, adding "...I know why I post, but why do you post or never post...", by now the goblin had written so often about "dailylife", the moneygod, and about knowing oneself from what one posts, etc., but in the end, the answer is not something one has to prove to others here, it isn't a belief then, it just is seeing it for oneself, "...my goal is to pass my existence through the focus of my pen..." said the goblin knowing that anything the goblin had ever written about had become that much clearer for his having written about it, "...that's what this posting is all about for me..." voiced the goblin in the empty evening room once more before the next demand of "dailylife" called him away

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Malcommaclowry1vi
Back to top Go down
queen of hearts
Admin
queen of hearts

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:23 pm

thats a good question! ill answer it when i know confused
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm

the goblin explained something saying "..."live writing" is completely different from "book writing", first off, the post can't be long since one is competing with facebook here, next off, the hit rate is a pretty fair indicator of ones readership and participation, and last off, the work and it's author are just two sides of the same coin...", and yet the statement seemed too big to explain in one go, but the goblin knew that it was the last bit that was the most important and biggest difference, continuing "...it's the same difference as can be seen between that of the cinema and the theater, where in this case those books, like films, seem some set record of the something previous , whereas posts are more like the theater, where the audience is viewing everything first hand...", at which point the goblin felt there was something else to add here, continuing "...the total number of hits to a thread tells one of its readership, and the number of hits divided by the number of posts gives the participation rate, some "last post" threads I do have a high readership rate, while others have a high large participation rate, and yet as much I understand the workings of these threads, the fact that I remain anonymous, simply means that none of what I have just written matters beyond the fact that I enjoy "live writing" far more than I would "dead writing"..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 3D_ANIMATION_DAVEY_DALEKS
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:42 pm

repost from elsewhere, something written in Winter

"...well there are goblins and goblins, not all of them are bad though, some of them like myself can be quite friendly..." said the goblin not knowing what to write next, something about himself perhaps, about being a working father living in Geneva, etc., though all that was his "dailylife" self and had hardly any barring as to who he actually was inside, "...no, the trouble with the Internet is that, once one is here, one starts to sees oneself as two diverging selves, that is, one sees ones "dailylife" self as something like a series of downhill retrenchments that leaves one ever more incapacitated and alone, as opposed to ones "Internet" self which grows with practice, becoming ever more capable, fluid and imaginative as the years pass..." the goblin reached over the table for his coffee cup which no doubt would fuel his next bit, continuing "...so does it boils down to this question then, "is the written work the author while the author is still writing it", so isn't this author then the part I play here for myself on this masked ball of the Internet, surely, since that "Internet" self, which I hide in my "dailylife" has just as much right to claim to be me as the person reflected in the mirror doesn't it, simply both mes are me like two sides of the same coin aren't they mortals...", but by now the goblin's coffee was drunk, the question too, at this point sounded as intrusive as the air that slowly peculated through the walls, perhaps even underlining the view form the window of this unforgiving iced up city held firmly trapped under the bitterest of freezingly cold stark days, trapped in real life, "...oh no, that is not all of me then, I am more than this "dailylife" outside of me..." concluded the goblin continuing here as if to prove that fact to himself, that his Internet self was him too if not moreso even

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Art-asp_rqe_08
Back to top Go down
queen of hearts
Admin
queen of hearts

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:41 pm

i have written a few things myself but i wont post it on here, its on the cauldron
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 am

the goblin reminded himself of something, saying "...members come and go..." but the goblin himself didn't mind who came or went or stayed, or whatever, no, for him only "content" mattered, "...selfish perhaps but as long as I am alive I will try for "content" as each post is proof of how I relate to my life..." explained the goblin, continuing "...but let's see it for what it is, in that each one of us is actually alone on the Internet with this unspoken tally known only to ourselves of what one has done against what time one has had to do it in, so now, does one other member here, or a million other members for that matter, change that equation in some way, no, this tally just remains constant as some benchmark of self here, simply, in life one is "whatever", OK, but here on the Internet, one is "what one posts", that's all

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Bruteforce
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:40 am

repost from elsewhere, someone who had written about a death in the family

the goblin just offered his condolences knowing that he would read anything the poster wrote here now, saying "...I am good at listening then..." and somehow the goblin knew that each happening like this was just wrestling an angel, and these angels were not there to be nice, they were there to help one shine in ones reflection against them, "... and of course ones reflections doesn't have to be shared here, but they do have to be formed, or that angel, whichever one it was, was wasted on you..." mentioned the goblin listening as ever

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 RainbowWomanChild
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

Music style : Eclectic
Favourite Band : Too many to name
Religious View : Unassigned
Political view : Independent, liberal leaning

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 am

The post above me was dated June 2, 2009. I win.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 am

("...I thought this site migrated to the another site then, but I have done hundreds of posts since june 09, but I never need to win against myself, no, that would just turn this thread into a blog defeating the purpose here..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...you can win here but you won't be the last poster...")

repost from elsewhere, the "afterlife" thread

the goblin turned up, and then explained "...in life, there is only this "journey to self" here, that you can know of for sure, in that, some people will talk about lots of things that make sense attaching still more things they will ask you to believe in, even as far as to offer you an eternal reward or punishment depending on whether you accept their given line as the truth about your afterlife...", somehow the goblin knew that the next bit was harder but he continued "...so imagine the first of two choices, that you accepted their argument to its full, and did exactly as told to because that reward or punishment that was coming later, now what would that tell you about yourself and how base you are then, simply your actions would be based on self advantage here, something like taking out a mortgage on heaven perhaps, every good action you did would be some contribution towards that mortgage then, wouldn't it...", so the goblin just offered the second choice by saying "...now imagine the other choice, that all your actions good or bad were based on your own judgment of them, no expectation, nor reward nor punishment here, just you knowing yourself by what you do, well if you can imagine these two choices clearly then, and can still choose the latter of the two, thus defying any notion of God, or the Devil and anything else for that matter, saying "I do not look to reward in my actions, the actions are the reward in themselves", then for an eternity you could hold you head up high and look your maker in the eye, saying "well, you may not like my choices but at least I was, as honest to them then, as I am to you now"..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 710_1_1a_LAURIE_LIPTON_Delusion_Dwe
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 am

I still win. Razz
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 9:14 am

("...MYAHAHAHAHAHA..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
you are a human, flesh and blood and bone, like the rest of us

"...wrong mortals, the goblin is just a persona, that is, on the Internet there is no "flesh and blood and bones", or "gender", "day", 'time", "place" or "age" for that matter, it is all just "what you read" and "what you write", there is no more a human here than if you were to look at a book and saying "you are flesh and blood and bone my dear book", though the source of what you see is human, yes, but what you read here isn't any more human than books, films, music, paintings and the like are, simply they are, like this text you're reading now, "representations" here, miss that point and you will not see what you are seeing for what it is..." ventured the goblin again, building up to that line he had thought often enough, saying "...welcome to the masked ball of the Internet, any representation you choose is OK then because none are true, even the best writer in the world couldn't possibly write himself as he truly is then, because written words only represent, don't they mortals..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Img208
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:08 pm

okay, so I let you win.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 am

("...you are very wise to..." replied the goblin, continuing "...many have given up before you too, they were wise also...")

repost form elsewhere, as semi goth "last post" thread

the goblin was not playing Zen here, "...nah, I want a win like one where she just explodes as fireworks do in the hot night sky to the radio tunes in the back of my car, a tigress, a temptress, an angel without mercy to her unbridled passion, in other words, one very much like a good cup of coffee, oh yes, that's the type of win I deserve mortals MYAHAHAHAA, second thoughts, forget the woman bit, just hand over the coffee then, I will let you live now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 My_cup_of_tea_by_NeonGreenSlushie
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:23 am

That was Zen.
This is Tao.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:37 am

("...ah but longevity is not the point of life..." replied the goblin, though to be honest, the goblin never quite knew what to the point was either, his "journey to self" he had called it)

repost from elsewhere

what a beautiful place this internet is turning out to be, felt the goblin, who was dealing with so many consecutive threads at once now, saying "...well this is exactly why "dailylife" is a thief, and why ones "journey to self" here is no game at all, no, other people's deaths should make one reappraise ones priorities here, and yet, time and again, one delays it for the more mundane pressing matters of "dailylife" because ones "dailylife" continues and one has to live it, what of it, well I hope "posting for oneself" grows an awareness in all of us that everything here is a mere assumption of certainty now, life is simply momentary is it not...", in fact, Gnostics don't pray, nor would the goblin for that matter, but his mind was focused on the big picture and wouldn't let it pass without looking on the importance of it here, saying "...birth and death are thin moments are they not, reminding one of something wonderful is so close too, no, nothing to believe in, everything to know then, surely ones "journey to self" is not some set religion, just a result from continued posting then...", "...wait, they'll know you're mad now goblin..." went the voice in the background, "...ah but they know that much already..." the goblin replied, adding "...but at least it's clear why I post then, at least to myself now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Leslarmesdessouvenirsrehw6

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Reposts shouldn't count as new posts. I call SHENNANNIGANS.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:51 pm

("...ah no, writers always reposts, it's just called publishing..." replied the goblin "...it's how one edits too...", which was true enough, adding "...a lot of work goes into each post now, that one was from last week, the secret is to note the number at the bottom of the picture then..")

repost from elsewhere, how not to post on a "last post" thread lesson 3

the goblin thanked the resident trolls, and did indeed appreciate their newly acquired mastery of the posted picture at this point, alas though, the written word would take a couple of more years yet it seems, and as for a coherent sentence, well take could take a lifetime even, "...not that I am trying to discourage you here or anything though..." mentioned the friendly and considerate goblin again

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 2tyramonster
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 pm

This isn't a publication thread. The whole world doesn't come here to read. I STILL CALL SHENNANNIGANS!
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Sane
Sane
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Quote :
this isn't a publication thread. The whole world doesn't come here to read

"...true, alas the whole world never sees one posts then, wherever one post them to that is..." admitted the goblin, adding "...but the hitcount is still ones readership for sure, and the moment one clogs up ones style with thoughts of who has or hasn't seen something, one simply limit oneself by it, I mean do you actually think that there is, or isn't, anything new under the sun now, and if you conclude that there isn't, then all that remains is you finding "it" for yourself, and then define "it" to others then...", which was the point the goblin remembered that quote "something worth reading twice should be written twice too", saying "...well then, I will stop all this when this thread's hitcount doesn't encourage me to continue now, which is never by looks of things..." and, since this post too now needed editing, there was little guessing what the goblin would then do elsewhere at this point, and so it continued always

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Ugly
Back to top Go down
Clara Listensprechen
Sane
Sane

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:34 am

The person above me posted last in January 2010. It is now December 2010. I win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next